Love to fundraise for a great cause? We're hiring!
Monday, August 20, 2018
TITLE: Director of Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
Type of Position: Full Time, Exempt **This position may be split into two part-time, regional positions to serve the Northern and Southern Black Hills.
Contact: Lisa Sagdalen, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org 605-574-2010
The Director of Resource Development is responsible for leading the fundraising, annual campaign and marketing efforts in the Black Hills area to include developing individual & corporate donors, special events, Board engagement and utilize the resources of the organization and community to cultivate relationships and directly solicit support for the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Black Hills through, but not limited to, grant writing, managing the annual operating, endowment and planned giving campaigns. The Director will work in cooperation with the CEO and the Board of Directors to strategize and execute resource development plans. The organization has sites located in Hill City, Hot Springs and Lead-Deadwood but the position will be primarily focused in the entire Black Hills region.
Manages the operations of the annual fundraising campaign, ensuring maximum community participation and contributions. Lead special events for fundraising efforts as noted in the Resource Development Plan for all locations. Organizes and staffs all relevant committee meetings. Provides general program and administrative support ensuring all operations run smoothly and efficiently. Promotes and markets the organization through all medias, website and Facebook page.
1. Supports and articulates the mission and principles of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Black Hills.
2. Works with the CEO and the Resource Development Committees to establish an annual Resource Development plan
3. Responsible for the strategy, implementation and follow-up of the annual campaign and responsible for meeting the goal set by the committee.
4. Meet with community leaders, foundations and individual donors either one-on-one or in speaking engagements sharing the Boys & Girls Club message. Actively represent the organization to include attendance at community events and membership in appropriate organizations as approved by the CEO.
5. Responsible for resource development reporting and follow up including donor records, acknowledgements and reports on contributions and audit support, as required by the IRS
6. Supports the Resource Development Committee by providing information, reports and guidance and serves as staff liaison
7. Assist in creating a Boys & Girls Club Planned Giving and endowment program
8. Maintain relationships with local, regional and national collaborators
9. Work to solicit and secure sponsorships
10. Assist grant manager in researching and identifying potential grants and follow up with grant preparation and submission, receive CEO approval prior to submission.
11. Develops and maintains relationships with other organizations, donors, and potential donors.
12. Directly solicits businesses and individuals for financial support focusing on Jeremiah Milbank Society (JMS) donors and goals set for the organization
13. Understanding and creates reports, donor history and statistical donor information from donor database software
14. Track fundraising income; recognize contributions with acknowledgement letters and special recognition events.
15. Actively seeks media coverage for special events related to the Clubs.
16. Frequent updates to website and Facebook page with assistance of staff for pictures and topics.
Responsibilities for Annual Campaign:
· Implements overall and specific targeted plans, and monitor progress of all operations against plan targets. Produces weekly reports demonstrating effectiveness of all campaign activities. Provides research and management reports to the Board of Directors.
· Manages all campaign-related operations within the general campaign function, ensuring the achievement of organizational campaign goals, smooth operations, and exceptional relationships with community constituents.
· Manages all campaign elements of all related events and programs including donor cards, solicitor recruitment, and volunteer training to ensure event goals are met.
· Assists with budget preparation and monitoring of all campaign-related activities, ensuring appropriate tracking and financial efficiencies.
· Plans and implements relevant committee and task force meetings. Organizes attendance, logistics, agenda and materials preparation, meeting minutes and follow-up items.
· Provides administrative support for overflow work within the organization as necessary including correspondence, mailings and filing.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with CEO and unit directors to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explaining guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, foundations, investors and community leaders.
- Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Demonstrated success in fundraising; annual campaigns, grants, endowment and planned giving
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for non-profits
- High level communication skills and social media/marketing skills
- Resource Development experience preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions that are required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
SALARY INFORMATION: $33,500 - $39,000 annual, DOE
Lisa Sagdalen, CEO
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Black Hills
PO Box 677, 297 Walnut Ave
Hill City, SD 57745